Re: New Kernel still bad

On 01Aug2007 14:50, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
> I am trying to get back to the old kernel now!

Karl,

Also have a look at the file:

  /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf

Mine says:

  [main]
  enabled=1
  # this sets the number of package versions which are kept
  tokeep=4

which causes yum to keep 4 installed kernels around. You may want to wind
this up to 10 or something. That way you will be more likely to
have the older working kernel still installed after an upgrade.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

This morning I was writing an article containing some Perl.  My daughter Heidi
wandered in and said, "What is that gobbledygook?  It looks like swearing."

Out of the mouths of babes...    - Larry Wall, lwall netlabs com