broadcom wireless under F7 -- the recipe(?)

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 2 12:31:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Andy Green wrote:

> > and in that drop-down list of choices, the only broadcom chip was
> > "Tigon3" which i'm guessing is not the right choice.  but, really, i
> > was hoping that the config utility would see the chip.  was i being
> > hopelessly optimistic and naive?
>
> IIRC system-config-network "New" buttons and the like are modal
> based on which tab you are on (sigh)... I think you want to be on
> the "Devices" tab and click New, it does something different than if
> you are on the Hardware tab and click the same New button on the top
> toolbar.

i already noticed and tried that, but i got the same drop-down list.
so i think i'll just go with iwconfig on the command line.  anyway,
must dash, more later.  thanks for all the advice.

rday

p.s.  if anyone wants to chime in about whether i should be able to do
the above thru system-config-network, i'm all ears.