Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

Tony Nelson wrote:
At 5:17 PM +0100 8/1/07, Chris Jones wrote:
For sure though SL also has sub-point releases, 3.x and 4.x (currently I
am on a 4.5 release), which I think are the equivalents of what you talk
about above. These updates I believe can occur through yum. However,
I've not aware of any problems in this, its always been pretty flawless.
I'm not the sys-admin though, but I never heard him complain (and I
suspect I would have) or noticed any problems as a user.

maybe SL is better than centos in this regard ?

It sounds more like the Sysadmin just sucked it up when that monstrous
update to 4.5 came out.

Out of interest what went wrong for you with this update ?

Chatting to the guy here he didn't recall the 4.5 update being any more or less problematic than any other. It went smoothly.

Chris