Mythtv Backend Init Script?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Aug 3 12:50:11 UTC 2007

John Pierce wrote:
> Ok, I have googled around for the last 4 hours or so looking for the
> way to modify the mythbackend init script to work on fedora7.
>
> I have found numerous posts indicating that the stock script does not
> work on redhat/fedora, but I have not been able to find any indication
> of what I need to do to change it so that it will work.
>
> Can somebody point me to a place to fix this, or if someone has one
> that works please email it to me.  Off list will be fine.

Do you realize how rude that is? The "I need help, but send the answer
to me instead of putting it on the list where it can help everyone"
attitude.

If the answer is small it belongs on the list, if not the link belongs
on the list. Lists and newsgroups are for sharing answers, not your
private free consulting service.

> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Always glad to explain the elements of net courtesy.

You might look at atrpms.net for a drop-in mythtv.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>