Re: yum update

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>> Use the --exclude=[package] option like
>> # yum update --exclude=kernel*

> The above will not work since the * will be expanded by the shell not
> yum.

Are you sure?
My impression is that it is only expanded if you happen to have
a file called kernel* in the current directory.
If it doesn't find anything yum does expand the argument, I think?

However, I always say: yum update --exclude=kernel\*

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366