Re: 32 or 64 bit

roland wrote:
Hello,

Sorry for asking this question on this forum, but on the forum of K12ltsp nobody answers, and this is a general question.

I have a server with 2 x Xeon dual core processors.I installed Centos el5 x86_64, then vmware server and now I like to install K12ltsp. On the download page from k12ltsp I have a choice of fedora 32 or 64 bit. What do I choose?

On the Fedora site I find x86_64 but not on K12ltsp. Do they mean by 64 => X86_64?

Thanks and again sorry

On all the late Fedora versions you have a choice of 32 or 64 bit packages. If your CPU can work with 64 bit words your going to want to use the 64 bit Fedora for a server. This is because storing on a hard drive in 64 bit words is very much faster than doing it with 32 bit words.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User