f7 printer sharing problem

   Hello there,
           I have a firewall/router/print-server running F7 which has
problems with samba.
   The printer was shared by clicking the 'share' box in
system-config-printer, and this works, and can be accessed remotely.
However, at boot-up the printer (and samba shares) cannot be seen by
other systems. When I fiddle with system-config-printer (e.g. switch
sharing off and then on again) it then works. (and so do the samba
shares)
   I guess the problem might be iptables related as I have my own setup
for the router bit. But "iptables -L" does not seem to be changing.
    Does anyone have an idea what might be changing?
    Better still, how to make it work without the palaver?
    Thanks,
         Bill