Re: Network manager - does no one care?

Karl Larsen wrote:
William John Murray wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 22:10 +0100, William Murray wrote:
Hi all,
       I was surprised to see the lack of reaction to NetworkManager's
death in F7 2.6.22.1-33
   This affects my desktop and my laptop, both with wired dhcp
connections. I see the following error:

Jul 31 20:24:09 BillMurray NetworkManager: <info>  Error getting
killswitch power: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported -
Access type not supported

Moving to 2.6.22.1-27 fixes it. So does using a fixed IP and neat, no
networkmanager. So why is no one else screaming?
                   Bill

I have screamed about the new kernels for weeks. Right now I will not yum upadate another kernel. My F7 works fine with the old kernel and do not need more trouble.

The answer was that 2.6.22.1-41 does fix the problem. Thank you.

So with all the "screaming", did you enter a bug in bugzilla? Screaming here is only mildly useful for it's cathartic benefits.