Automate Web Page Searching

Hi,

Not sure if there is such a thing but, does anyone know a way of
searching php web content automaticly using software.

e.g going to facebook, loggin in and if a posting on my page by a
friend has happened go to the link and load up the full article if a
link is contained in this text then go to the link etc.

I have never heard of such a tool, lynx is not capable is there another way?

Thanks

Paul