weird characters in wine after upgrade

Ashley Pritchard linuxpen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:48:59 UTC 2007

I had the same problem when i installed F7 on my system. what the problem is
that you do not have the correct fonts in your
home/user/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts directory. I resolved this by
downloading the trial version of crossover office which will create
home/user/.cxoffice/win98/drive_c/windows/fonts directory. After ins talling
the fonts in crossover office I copied the fonts from that directory in
crossover office to the font directory in my wine directory.  If you are
dual booting with a windows installation & you have you windows partition
mounted in linux you can also go to the fonts directory on the windows
partition & copy the fonts there to you .wine fonts directoy hidden in your
home directory.

On 8/5/07, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comparing .wine/drive_c/windows/fonts for the two users, I found that in
> the problematic user one there were these two more files:
> INTERACT.FOT
> INTERACT.TTF
>
> After moving them away I got the  correct characters again.
> I don't know from were they came, anyway...
> Gianluca
>
> On 8/5/07, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com > wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 06:47:23 +0200 Thomas wrote:
> >
> > > same for FC6 i386. After deleting the folder ".font" in the users home
> >
> > > directory the fonts were back to normal.
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't have any .font directory in this user's home directory....
> >
> > SO probably the cause is another one
> >

> --

Diolch yn fawr, Ashley