System freezing frequently

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Aug 6 09:06:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm having frequent freezes with my laptop too.
[root at roque ~]# grep name /proc/cpuinfo
model name      : AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
model name      : AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

I have an ATI card, but I'm running on vesa

[root at roque ~]# lspci | grep VGA
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon X1200 Series

I even thought it might be from my rt2x00pci cardbus ralink wifi card,
since from a couple of fedora kernels ago it has been in an instable support
status (for instance, it's better that I shutdown before removing it).

I don't notice any activitiy at all, disk or cpu, and the machine is
completely frozen (caps lock or num lock don't lit up, doesn't answer
to pings from outside).

After boot, there's no sign of anything on the log files, its as if the
machine simply froze at some point.

I'm suspecting kernel bugs...

Rui

--
Hail Eris, Hack GNU/Linux!
Today is Pungenday, the 72nd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?