fedora 6 kernel panic issues

Jason Taylor jtaylor at uipacific.com
Mon Aug 6 18:52:53 UTC 2007

I am new to Fedora and admittedly a linux noob, but I keep having this
issue once in awhile on a Fedora 6 machine we have in production.  Every
once in a while (once or twice a week) the machine locks ups and the
console had a bunch of I/O errors related to sba.  I thought this was a
hard drive problem so I put in a second drive, and booted to an Ubuntu
Live CD (I am a little more familiar with it) and used the dd command to
image the drive over to the new one.  But now I am having the same
problem.  While I was ssh in the machine crashed and I saw this on the
terminal

kernel: journal commit I/O error

this looks like kernel panic to me but I am unsure of what to do about
it. This is the first time I was actually on the machine while it
occurred.

Jason Taylor

Network Admin

UIPacificgames