my hosts file

Scott sberry at northlc.com
Mon Aug 6 22:47:04 UTC 2007

Hi Aaron,

Okay I have the hosts set up now.  Like I said they are going to be running
on the same machine.  Also just out of curiosity say you have a certain port
like my Cms(Content Management System) runs on 8080 does this need to be
present in the hosts file or am I just telling the computer okay you will
act as these machines.  My educated guess is that I am just telling the
machine okay you will be these servers but I just want to make sure I know
what I am doing here.  This is the first time I have mucked with the hosts
file.
Once more just to make sure I am following your advice I will send out the
hosts file.  I apologize if I am very careful but I worked on Windows
machines for almost 20 years and now just really getting my feet wet so to
speak with Linux.  I do have some basic knowledge of Linux and do read if I
need to or if I can understand it.

Scott