USB SanDisk doesn't work

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 00:59:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 17:58:44 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> I have s Sandisk Cruzer Micro too, and I believe the culprit is U3
> (basically a proprietary version of Portable Apps).  U3 has delusions of
> grandeur, including claiming it is a CD-ROM device.  The solution I
> chose was to completely reformat the disk (of course copy all data off
> first) with parted.
>
> Can you reply with the output from:
>
> # parted /dev/sdb print
>
> Matt Flaschen

[root at mbrc15 ~]# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda  /dev/sda1  /dev/sda2  /dev/sda3  /dev/sdb
[root at mbrc15 ~]# parted /dev/sdb print
Error: Error opening /dev/sdb: No medium found
Retry/Cancel? c
[root at mbrc15 ~]#

Not very informative, is it?  It is a SanDisk Cruzer 1G,
and works just file on the WinXp partition of the same
machine.

Mike.