Re: Please help with Firefox bug

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 10:30 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
> FWIW: I have never had any success installing the Flash plugin
> directly from the Firefox browser on any Linux distribution that I
> have used.

Seconded.

> I'm not certain that system administrators want this fixed. What if
> installing Flash is prohibited?

This too.

Installing things through the browser is fraught with problems.
Although a user should only be able to install things as themselves, and
therefor not cause problems to anything but themselves, that's by no
means a given.  And then there's the problem of surrepticious
installations.  Not to mention trying to install something that requires
some other OS.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.