Cups

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Aug 7 18:10:53 UTC 2007

Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 11:37 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>> There is only printer.conf and printer.conf.o and printer.conf has
>> this:
>>
>> [root at k5di cups]# more printers.conf
>> # Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.2.12
>> # Written by cupsd on 2007-08-07 09:03
>> <DefaultPrinter laserPrinter>
>> Info
>> Location
>> DeviceURI
>> State Stopped
>> StateMessage /usr/lib/cups/backend/bÿ??; failed
>> StateTime 1186499019
>> Accepting Yes
>> Shared Yes
>> JobSheets none none
>> QuotaPeriod 0
>> PageLimit 0
>> KLimit 0
>> OpPolicy default
>> ErrorPolicy stop-printer
>> </Printer>
>> [root at k5di cups]#
>>
>> 	I know nothing about cups. For all I know this looks fine. But of
>> course it doesn't work.
>
> Well, there's no actual information about the current printer.  Notice
> that Info, Location and DeviceURI are all blank (DeviceURI is the
> important one).  What does printers.conf.O look like?
>
> Jonathan

	Hi Jonathan, the problem is that the software for the printer setup has
been updated and it no longer contains the printer I have with a
parallel port connector. There is no way for me to select a lpt0 port so
it can't work! I have no idea what they call the thing. But IT IS the
problem not cups.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User