ldconfig silent output

Mohammed El-Afifi mohammed_elafifi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 12:14:03 UTC 2007

I'm running fedora 7, 64-bit edition. I'm trying to issue the following command:
/sbin/ldconfig -v
to know what the current libraries considered for run-time linking are. I'm using the command in an administrative context(root privileges), however I get no output at all. I even get no error messages. The shell prompt just returns asking for the next command.
I also tried this command with other options, even with invalid options, and the behavior is the same.
Appreciating your feedback. Thanks for your support.