Cups

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Thu Aug 9 05:33:34 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 18:33 -0700, Richard England wrote:
>
>> Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>     If you have the updated cups files installed you will never get
>>> that HP working. Because the new Cups will not accept any printer
>>> using the parallel port.
>>>

>> Wrong.  It's working, now.
>>
>> That was the point of my mail.
>>
>> You CAN use a parallel port printer. Even one that is not well
>> supported.  The "New CUPS" has no problem with the parallel port.
>>
>> ~~R
>>

> I have Karl's questiom. I can not find a parallel port option in the
> latest cups. Where did you find it? Or did you have yout printer
> configured before the cups update?
> --
> Zounds! I was never so bethumped with words since I first called my
> brother's father dad. -- William Shakespeare, "Kind John"
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net

It very well be that I inherited the setting from a previous udev
configured CUPS configuration session.  I know it was done manually on a
fresh F7 install but if udev changed to remove the parallel port then
that's probably why I have it but others can't generate a new one.
Sounds like a new udev is already available, though.

~~R