Cups

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Aug 9 15:03:59 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>>     Yes I still have the original udev from the f7 DVD on my desktop. So
>> it is easy to do. Let you know how it turns out :-)
>>

> I don't really understand these threads on your problem with CUPS.
> You don't seem to me to have the appropriate files in /etc/cups/
> (eg you didn't seem to have any /etc/cups/printers.conf)
> so I don't see how CUPS could work for you anyway.

    After re-booting I checked and indeed it has the parallel port
problem solved. Observe:

[karl at k5di ~]$ ls /dev/lp*
/dev/lp0  /dev/lp1  /dev/lp2  /dev/lp3
[karl at k5di ~]$

This is better than the old udev.

    Yes and the printer still works. Good job somebody!

    Now to get the new kernel(s) and see how they co-exist with this udev.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User