WSJ - Mossberg disses Linux

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Aug 9 17:35:12 UTC 2007

Andy Green wrote:

>> I encourage Fedora, and other distro, users to take a crack at the
>> WSJ-reading establishment and their chief spear-carrier. Email (publicly
>> available) is mossberg at wsj.com.
>
> You failed to give a link to the article:
>
> http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB118661730994292374.html
>
> We learn here the box is a monthly fee walled garden: "The biggest catch
> is that the Zonbu computer doesn't include a hard disk for storing files
> (that's one reason it uses so little energy). Instead, all of your files
> are stored online on the company's servers. That offers several
> advantages, such as the fact that the files are automatically backed
> up.".  So I wouldn't recommend this box to anyone either.
>
> The review seemed pretty fair and willing to concede good things about
> the box, but he was killed by too weak a CPU and apps (he says they are
> 'beta') that didn't quite do what they claimed.
>
> So I don't see anything to complain about to this guy, on the contrary
> he seems to have done a nice job.
>
> -Andy

Thanks for the link.

I read the review and I have to agree that the review is balanced.  I
did look at Mossberg's web site and he does answer a question as to why
he doesn't recommend Linux.  Basically it is to hard to use and install.
  I guess he hasn't had to install Windows on some machines.  ;)

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.