Updating today?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Aug 10 20:16:11 UTC 2007

Greetings;

I seem to have a stalled process, or maybe more, with 2.6.23-rc2.  Uptime is
4.25 days.

Running Smart-gui, it appears to be stuck installing the newer fedora kernel,
for about 15 minutes now.

I also noted that somewhere along the line, a Maxtor USB disk that was plugged
in, now seems to be yelping for attention, and I cannot umount it, and that
cli is now hung.  The white LED on he front of it is now flashing at 1/2
second intervals.

/Boot seems to have about 18 megabytes of free space, which should be
sufficient to allow another kernel to be written, so I'm puzzled.

Does this walk and talk like any ducks this group is familiar with?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)