POWERNOW-K8; MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS Stuctures ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Aug 11 12:50:38 UTC 2007

Hi;

What is this warning I get at boot just before Red Hat nash starting:
"POWERNOW-K8; MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS Stuctures" ??

I believe it has something to do with acpi which is mainly for laptop
"sleeping" and I have a desktop.

Tried "	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.1-41.fc7 ro root=LABEL=/ acpi=off rhgb
quiet" in grub, but still get the warning.  In BIOS setup it is enabled
but greyed out i.e. can't be disabled.

I have just installed a new ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard with an AMD Athlon
64 X2 Dual-Core Processor.

Any suggestions on how to turn off either the warning or acpi in Fedora
7?  I am supposing it has some use in my WindowsXP.

--
Regards Bill