warnings on todays tetex update

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Sat Aug 11 16:03:18 UTC 2007

Yuan Yijun wrote:
  > Because they come from the same source but is copied without "-p" or
> "-a" param, so the time stamp changed. A file is considered different
> if it has different time stamp, and this time stamp is stored in RPM
> database in order to verify system's integrity. That's it.

Ok, thanks.

I guess I was looking for some input on the bigger question: Is this a
packaging error that needs to be fixed, or is it expected from normal
use of the TeX packages?

I don't have the slightest idea of how TeX's font system works, but it
seems to me that warnings and installation of .rpmnew files should not
be part of the installation of these packages when I haven't modified
anything.

If it's merely a matter that both packages include the same .map files,
that's a plain error, no?

<Joe