Re: Producing pdf files with copyable text

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 10:20:38PM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com> wrote:
> > > In fact, cups-pdf does not produce pdf files with *copyable* text.
> >
> > It is copyable here.  I'm using cups-pdf (F7 updated) and Adobe Reader 7.0.
>
> Thanks, Chris. I am using
>
> $ rpm -q cups-pdf
> cups-pdf-2.4.6-1.fc7
> $
>
> and my cups-pdf only produces bitmapped pdfs. Could you please send me
> your cups-pdf.conf?
>
> Paul

I've been able to copy text from PDF files using xpdf when the same
file prevented copying in acroread. I consider that xpdf lets you copy
to be a feature, not a bug.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex fcshome stoneham ma us -----------------------------
  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He