No GUI--only console and xclock.

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Aug 13 10:42:52 UTC 2007

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> Hello,
>          I installed switchdesk.On using it,it told me that KDE was not
> installed while I had selected the option while installing fedora
> 7.Usingyum I installed the KDE desktop and I am now getting a proper
> desktop :-)
> Thanks.

Was this a text install or Graphics mode install? The reason I ask is
because the text install which I did recently seemed to be out of sync
with the actual packages selected.
Regardless, at your present state of installation, maybe running
yum groupinstall " KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
might get KDE installed onto your system. KDE does not seem to be
installed from what I get from your postings.

Jim
--
"What George Washington did for us was to throw out the British, so that
we wouldn't have a fat, insensitive government running our country. Nice