OFF-TOPIC: Fedora 7 already installed, can't install XP on empty partition [SOLVED]

André Costa blueser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:45:38 UTC 2007

Hi all,

On 8/12/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > > If you have to start again this is what to do. Repartition the disk from
> > > scratch using fdisk from rescue mode . Arrange to install XP first on
> > > the first partition. Then install Linux and I am sure it will work. I
> > > have done this many times and with this arrangement things work.
> >
> > Cool, thks for confirming that. NTFS will occupy the first 150G, can
> > this be a problem for grub?
> It is not a problem for grub
> >
> > > But please assign a swap partition. Also when installing Linux use the
> > > Custom partitioning option.
> >
> > Will do that, thks again.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andre

Just to keep as a reference so that it can help others, here's what
happened after all: hiding my Linux partitions didn't fool XP setup
programs, so I had no choice but deleting my Linux partitions with
fdisk from the Fedora "rescue disk" boot option and starting all over
again, this time installing Windows XP first (damn, damn Micro$oft for
such a lame installation program =/)

After that, all went as expected, and Fedora and Windows XP now
co-exist in peace.

Thks a lot to all who helped.

Regards,

Andre