Re: No GUI--only console and xclock.

On 8/14/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
> Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
>>> Was this a text install or Graphics mode install? The reason I ask is
>>> because the text install which I did recently seemed to be out of sync
>>> with the actual packages selected.
>>> Regardless, at your present state of installation, maybe running
>>> yum groupinstall " KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
>>> might get KDE installed onto your system. KDE does not seem to be
>>> installed from what I get from your postings.
>>>
>>> Jim
>
>> I installed F7 in graphical mode...I used the command yum
>> groupinstall "KDE Software Development".
>
> I would assume that the development packages would pull in the desktop
> environment packages also. I have not tried to only install development
> package without selecting the DE selection though.

There would be no requirement to run the kde desktop to develop code for it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com

Hello,
         Now my KDE Desktop is running fine but what problem might have occurred during installation that KDE Desktop was not installed even when I had selected the option?Even last time I installed Fedora 7 I had selected both GNOME and KDE desktops.Even then only GNOME was installed.