USB drive problem

Rohan Kulkarni rohan.sjce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:49:13 UTC 2007

Hello,
         I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.22.1-41.fc7.I earlier had the
kernel that comes along with Fedora 7 base system.My USB drive is not
showing up on the desktop nor in the directory /media.But it is been shown
as /dev/sdb1 on using fdisk -l.I need to mount it explicitly using mount
command and use it only through the command prompt.The USB drive if
connected before the system is booted shows up on the desktop and also in
/media.I am also facing the same problem with CD's and DVD's which show up
on the desktop only if i insert them before the fedora 7 boots.What can be
the problem?This problem does not occur with the previous kernel that came
with the F7 box.