one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Aug 14 11:53:46 UTC 2007

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> 2007/8/14, Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie>:
>
>> Incidentally, I've said before and people have strongly disagreed with me,
>> but if you have WiFi problems I think it is best to turn of NetworkManager,
>> if you are running it, as it simply makes it more difficult
>> to diagnose the problem.
>>

> Totally agree.
> NetworkManager is totally crap, I never, ever, use it, I would rather
> do everything by hand, ifconfig, iwconfig, route...
>
> All the best
> Manuel

    I am a booster for netmanager and it is macho to do it all with
network, but the NM work is proceeding and it is most useful for laptops
and you should use it. It is in your best interest :-)

    If you forgot to turn off network before you turned on NM, of course
NM doesn't work well ;-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User