New Hard Drive

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:52:29 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    Thanks I will look up raid 1 because I cancel all the sata stuff and
> ordered another 160 GB Western Digital. If it works as you say then it
> will be lots better than backing up :-)

Raid1 does work nicely as a protection against a single drive failure,
but don't think of it as a backup.  There are still lots of operator
errors, software errors, and physical problems that can wipe out both
disks at once.   While you are at it you might want to grab an external
USB drive so you can make a copy to store elsewhere.  The models based
on laptop drives that run on USB power are especially nice.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com