Help please: Can't install F7 via NFS (Solved)

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Aug 15 00:24:26 UTC 2007

Steve Searle wrote:
: Dean Messing wrote:
: > I have the following line:
: >
: >     /mnt/cdrom2    *(ro,async,no_root_squash)
:
: This implies you are mounting the image on the server (presumably with
: - -loop) before exporting it.  If you are, this is not necessary, you just
: export the iso image.
:
: If this is not the case, have you checked /var/log/messages on the
: server, when you enter the NFS directory?

You are correct that I had the .iso mounted using a loopback device.
I didn't realise that directly exporting  the .iso would work.

When I checked "messages" I saw that authoriisation was being denied.
That reminded me that I had some stuff in /etc/allow and /etc/deny to
allow only certain machines in the lab to access Portmap.
Clearing the "deny" list fixed the problem.

Thanks.
Dean