Sun Java Plugin 6 does not work in Firefox on F7

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Aug 15 01:18:01 UTC 2007

This is a longshot.

Try putting a hard copy of the .so in plugins/ instead of a soft link.

I had very similar symptoms to yours, except with a flash plugin under
Mozilla, a year or so ago.  For some odd reason it would simply not
load the plugin if I used a soft link. I verified that the soft link
pointed to the file.  I deleted .mozilla/pluginreg.dat each time I
changed things and brought up mozilla.  Only the hard link worked.

Dean