Re: fedora 7 - legacy USB?

Jerome Kan wrote:
> Hmm ok well im gonna look into buying a usb keyboard then. Since it seems
that this problem is motherboard based in hopes of helping you to help me
find the problem I am using a gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard.
-Jerome
 From a google search and your motherboard type.

http://suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37227

Excerpt #1:
I just googled and found this 'pci=nommconf instead of acpi=off in grub did the trick for me' or 'disabling USB Legacy Support from BIOS'.

Excerpt #2:
Thank you very much. Thanks to your advice I am sending this message from my PC with SuSE Linux 10.0 installed. What I had to do was to disable the USB Mouse and Keyboard Support from the BIOS.

Search criteria:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+gigabyte+GA-K8NF-9++and+USB+legacy&btnG=Google+Search

Jim

--
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.