wireless suggstions

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Aug 16 15:31:00 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> However, Linux _drivers_ for devices are not usually much use,
> in my experience, as they are normally tied to a particular kernel,
> often an ancient one.

I disagree with this assessment.  In all cases that I know of, drivers
_are_ tied to a particular kernel, but can almost always be compiled for
a newer one, with some exception, like going from 2.0 to 2.2 was a bit
of a rough patch for certain drivers.  It's much better now, so I don't
think this opinion is particularly valid now, as opposed to say 1999 or
2000.

My $0.02.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support