how does network install figure out 64-bit from 32-bit?

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Thu Aug 16 22:40:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 12:51 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:

[editing out a bunch of older stuff]

> Thanks, Rick, for looking into this. And indeed, the problem is my Thinkpad T61. I wonder if this is the same issue that Matthew Saltzman is reporting. The same USB flash boots fine on this other machine that I was using to copy the files from.
>
> So, I guess, my hope at this point is that Lenovo will wake up and make their corrections.

They may have already.  Go to their website and see if there's a BIOS
update.  If so, apply it.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-         "OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't TOUCH anything!"         -