Compiz or Beryl on dual-head?

RavenOak ravenoak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:38:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 06:57 -0500, lostson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 13:42 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> > All -
> >
> > I have a machine with what is listed by lspci as an:
> >
> > nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7300 GT] (rev a1)
> >
> > I have dual head set up just fine, using the proprietary NVidia driver
> > and both video ports on the back of the card.
> >
> > What I don't have working is any sort of eye candy.  From what I've
> > read, neither compiz nor beryl work on dual head.  Is that still the case?
> >
> > Thanks
> > TC
>
>  I have a dual head setup and it works fine, window placement can be a
> bit weird at times but everything works.
>
>  LostSon

In the release of Compiz 0.5.2, they mention "better multi-screen
support".  I imagine that you would be able to do it now like Lostson
mentioned.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-August/002581.html

The most recent stable version of Compiz is 0.4.0, but Fedora is using
0.3.6.  Any plans for updating (0.6.0 is coming soon too).

--Tim