Re: F7 http and ftp installs

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:19:42 +1000
Langdon Stevenson <langdon lindenrow com au> wrote:

> When you say you: "took the FC 7 DVD image, installed it on my network"
> what exactly do you mean?  Did you mount the iso?  Or unpack the file
> structure into a web server?  Or something else again.

I've done this a lot at work to do network installs of xen VMs.
I usually mount the ISO somewhere under /var/www/html on a machine
running apache, then I do an http install pointing to that
machine and giving the directory I mounted the ISO as the address.
Everything just works at that point (unless I typo the gateway
address when telling it about the network which confused me
no end for a few hours one day :-).