Re: Alternative booting

Tim wrote:
On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 09:46 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Grub is bad period! I used a rescue cd and when up I typed grub and it came up after a while and I typed this:

grub> root (hd1,5)

Your boot partition is the fifth one?  Remember, this "root" is for the
"/boot" partition, not the system "/" root.

Tim unlike you I HATE! LVM and my boot and root and all such is in a single partition /. You can still do that and I do.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User