Re: Alternative booting

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 09:46 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Grub is bad period! I used a rescue cd and when up I typed grub and it came up after a while and I typed this:

grub> root (hd1,5)
Your boot partition is the fifth one?  Remember, this "root" is for the
"/boot" partition, not the system "/" root.

It could be - I believe the installer defaults to using all logical
partitions if there is another OS on the drive.

Mikkel
There is nothing but Linux on this computer. That is not the problem. The problem is Grub on F7. It goes through the motions of setting itself up but fails!

   Grub is bad.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User