Re: Alternative booting

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 10:12 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> LVM and my boot and root and all such is in a single partition /. You
> can still do that and I do.

And that is probably your problem.  GRUB doesn't do LVM, it needs a
standard partition for a /boot partition.

It couldn't have worked the way that you're suggesting, so you must have
set it up differently, beforehand, probably without even noticing.  And
now, you're trying to do something different with it.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.