Re: Alternative booting

> Which is interesting as other OS don't have that problem. At least W2k
> doesn't. I used to have a system where I had the boot partition fairly
> far to the end and way after the 1024 block limit. But, it did drop the
> ntloader into the first partition. So why not give an option to write
> the kernel data onto the first partition regardless of what that is,
> although....it then needs to be able to read NTFS. I guess that would be
> asking too much.
>
> Too bad that there isn't a way to make Linux load from ntloader.

I don't see any advantages at all. As you have said, windows still had to make
sure 'something' was before the bios limit. In the case of windows this is
ntloader. I don't see any real difference between windows placing ntloader
where it can be read, and linux placing /boot. Essentially both boil down to
the same thing.

Chris