Re: Bios freaks

David Krings wrote:
Chris Jones wrote:
if the BIOS is the problem where it can't read past a certain point of
the disk at boot time. Couldn't you simply create a /boot partition and
put it in an area that the BIOS can handle?  the beginning of the disk
(?)??

Indeed. This is *the* standard well known solution to this problem (well, obviously not that well know it seems ;) )

Snip
I am sure there is tons of stuff that you don't know and shame on those who make fun about that fact.

snip

David

I would humbly suggest that the smiley face added by Chris was meant to imply humor and that given the number of times the recommendation to move the /boot partition has been suggested in numerous threads in the last few days, he was being just more than just a little facetious.

;-)