Bios freaks

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Aug 20 00:52:27 UTC 2007

Richard England wrote:
> David Krings wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed. This is *the* standard well known solution to this problem
>>> (well, obviously not that well know it seems ;) )
>>>
> Snip
>> I am sure there is tons of stuff that you don't know and shame on
>> those who make fun about that fact.
>>
> snip
>>
>> David
>>

> I would humbly suggest that the smiley face added by Chris was meant
> to imply humor and that given the number of times the recommendation
> to move the /boot partition has been suggested in numerous threads in
> the last few days, he was being just more than just a little facetious.
>
> ;-)

    I don't think he was being funny. I have been around a long time and
missed the point about moving /boot to the front of a disk. I have heard
a thousand words a week about LVM and it never made the point that it
moved /boot close to the near end of a hard drive. I HATE LVM.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User