iwl3945 and FC6

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:07:30 UTC 2007

Andy Green <andy <at> warmcat.com> writes:

> IIRC recently there was a change to the version of iwl3945 firmware that
> was required by the newer driver... on F7 you needed at least

> iwlwifi-firmware-2.14.3-2

I guess it is possible that the later 2.6.22 fc6 kernel needs the newer
firmware file (2.14.4 is available). Odd that I can get the previous 2.6.22
kernel to run iwl3945 though.

I will try to find time over the next few days to put the newer firmware file
into /lib/firmware and try to get the newer kernel (and its updated iwl3945)
to work with it...  I also wonder if it will work if the interface is defined
as eth1 rather than wlan0?