rpmbuild FAIL while packaging symlinks

vicky no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Tue Aug 21 12:25:23 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot Andy ! This actually resolved the problem.

i just added the below line in my spec file and it's all happy now.
"%define   _use_internal_dependency_generator 0"

Then i searched about this and come to know that...
Basically, what this
"%define _use_internal_dependency_generator     0"  does is (as near as I can tell) is switches between using the "rpmdeps" program to determine dependencies or the "find-requires and find-provides" scripts.

 The rpmdeps problem uses libelf, and therefore fails because it is not equipped to handle ppc binaries.
(I'm building on a x86 box with FC6 for ppc using cross tool).  The scripts are more tolerant.  The "rpmdeps" method is the preferred method, but it doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks a lot guys !

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=195911&topic_id=42857&forum=31#forumpost195911
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame jyotisankar at gmail.com.