Re: FC7 clock applet start-of-week question

On 8/21/07, David Boles <dgboles gmail com> wrote:
> on 8/21/2007 9:30 AM, Mark C. Allman wrote:
> > I'm running gnome, and the only three "clock preferences" are "show
> > seconds," "show data," and "use UTC."  There must be some way to do
> > this.....
>
> The day of the week that the calendar displays is determined by your
> locale setting. If your locale setting is correct and you still want, I
> assume that you do  ;-)  , your week to start with Sunday then go here.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yr7ups
> http://norman.walsh.name/2006/01/26/weekstart
>
> This user is using Ubuntu but the same applies to GNOME in Fedora.
>
> --
>
>  David

There is a control to change locale, currency, first day of week, and
date in KDE. I cannot find such a control/applet in Gnome. Where is
it? Does Gnome use language, e.g. English (USA), as the key for
determining how to display numbers, dates, currency, etc.?