Re: bash cli

> > It's not in the script itself, but a keystroke sequence that one does
> > at the command prompt... same as Ctrl-R gets one a rolling history
> > stack :-)
> >

> so here you are assuming that the shell keeps a history of exit status?

Not necessarily, the rolling history stack and exit status was an example :-)

If I had to enter:

# pidof mysqld

say, and this cli returned null, there is something that I can do to
pipe the actual return to stdout, even if it's default is to return
null to monitor (stdout).

HTH with the description :-)