CUPS problem

After a long period of smooth sailing I suddenly encountered a CUPS problem.
Why I have got it is uncertain, maybe as a result of a yum upgrade run. I had to reinstall FC 5 due to some disk trouble (possibly because a blown fuse cut the electricity supply to my desk) so I imagined that I would be interested in upgraded programs since I burned the FC5 distro.

I remove and reinstall the printer (which btw. is online, lights are up :-) ) and when sending a testpage to the printer i get the following message:

"There was a problem sending CUPS test page to laser1 queue (my chosen printer name)

/usr/bin/lpr  connection refused

The following daemons are running:
cupsd
cups-config-daemon

I would be grateful to receive some help on this one.

Brgds
PAR