Re: Problem with bcm43xx-80211

awrobinson-ml nc rr com escribió:
---- "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday mindspring com> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Andrew Robinson wrote:

I recently upgraded to the latest kernel on FC6, 2.6.22.1-32.fc6, and when I
did, my wireless failed to initialize. I posted a query here, and it was
suggested I needed to upgrade to version 4 of the bcm43xx driver. I found this
procedure to do so:

# you need to be root
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/broadcom-wl-4.80.53.0.tar.bz2
tar -xjvf broadcom-wl-4.80.53.0.tar.bz2
bcm43xx-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware/ broadcom-wl-4.80.53.0/kmod/wl_apsta.o

When I run the bcm43xx-fwcutter command, I get this error:

Sorry, the input file is either wrong or not supported by bcm43xx-fwcutter.
This file has an unknown MD5sum 9207bc565c2fc9fa1591f6c7911d3fc0.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
i've done the above a number of times, without fail.  are you sure the
tarball file itself is uncorrupted?

My experience with tar files says that if the file uncompresses and "un-archives", the tar file is not corrupted. Not a 100% guarantee of course. If files within the tar archive were corrupt, seems like more people would be complaining. So I can't rule this out, but it seems unlikely.

Watch out, I just read that there has been changes to the bcm firmware, and so bcm43xx-fwcutter doesn't work.

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/bcm43xx-dev/2007-August/005615.html