CISCO SIP

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Wed Aug 22 19:46:01 UTC 2007

I can't seem now to locate the CISCO SIP mail thread, but
here is some information. I think I may need to keep the
IP address private. Let's just say 142 refers to X.Y.Z.142
etc. Most addresses are on the XYZ network with
255.255.255.248 as the net mask.

The router shows

WAN

LAN : IP: 137

DHCP server shows range from 137-141. Though I am actually using static IP addresses in that range.

I replaced the SIP phone with a terminal just so I could try SSHing etc, to our sip proxy machine (A.B.C.115) which
is also a linux machine. Once I got in, I did a who to see what it thought my originating IP address was. I tried
all addresses from 137 - 142. Right off the bat, 137, 140, and 142 caused conflicts (another machine has 140). When
I did the who, this is what I got (with IPMAP from external 137 to internal 138)

IP IP (from who) Note 1

138 137 142
139 142 -
141 142 -

Note 1: I tried 138 again after removing the 138:137 ipmap

And as I remember, doing the same thing from 140 showed an IP address of 142. So it looks like no matter
what IP address we use, the host machine thinks it is 142 (except with that ipmap). I can't set the SIP phone
IP address to 142 or it will conflict.

Any ideas how to have the host see the actual IP address?